Whenever you upgrade from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 the software retains the copy of your old Operating System so that in case you change your mind and want to revert. However if you are satisfied with the newer version and you don’t want to rollback then you are left with a 15GB of wasted space on your hard drive. All of this wasted memory is stored in a folder which is called Windows.old. Now if you will try to delete the Windows.old directory than you won’t be able to remove it as it has got many system files.You can also learn about the Function Keys in AutoCAD.
Now deleting the Windows.old folder required three basic actions.
- Search for and open the “Free up space…” utility.
- Click Cleanup System Files.
- Check Previous Windows Installations.
Below mentioned steps are needed to be followed in order to delete Windows.old folder.
- 1st of all type “Free up disk space” into the Windows search box.
- Now click the shortcut for “Free up disk space..”
- Now you need to click OK.
- Now you need to clean up system files.
- Now you need to click OK again when the drive letter is displayed. The Disk Cleanup window will appear again.
- Now you need to check “Previews Windows installation(s)” in the Files to delete the box and then click OK.
- Now you need to click Delete Files when asked to confirm.
- Now click on Yes when you are prompted to confirm your decisions.
- The software will take anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes to delete the files.